Tuesday, March 12, 2013

That's One Damn Good Excuse!

Once again I have slacked on myy good intention of keeping my blog running, but I had a damn good excuse this time!

December 5th 2011 was the last time I updated my blog. We were just married and recovering from a whirlwind year of bridal showers, bachelor parties, our wedding and the honeymoon! But boy were we in for a surprise. 2011, as crazy as it was, was not even close to being as crazy as our lives were going to get!

December came and went, and we rang in the New Year with a party at our house! Family and friends and some nice adult beverages! But all fun things must come to an end. On January 12th, 2012 we found out we were pregnant! We were so excited!!! Our dreams were coming true and we were going to have a family of our own. ( I do actually have pictures of all 7 (yes 7!) of the pregnancy tests I took, but I will spare you all that detail.)

Four very long, stressed filled weeks later, it was time for our first ultrasound. I was seeing a reproductive endocrinologist, so we got to have an early sneek peak look at our future child.

February 8th, 2012, we found out we would be having not 1 but 2 precious additions to our family! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
We were so over the moon and totally shocked! We had taken one round of ovulation medication and were told our chance of having multiples were a 3-5% chance! Guess we should have played the lottery too!
 
 
So we went through a rather uneventful pregnancy, for a twin pregnancy. We had a few trips to triage for preterm contractions, but other than scares everything went very smoothly. i was taken out of work and put on modified bedrest at 29 weeks. Here are some pictures from the pregnancy, so we can all admire how large I got :)
 
10 weeks! 2/25/12
 
 
 12 weeks 3/3/12
 
 
 13 weeks! 3/18/12




 
17 weeks!

 
19 weeks!

 21 weeks!
 

27 weeks!
 
 32 weeks!
 
 
Delivery Day! 37 weeks 5 days!
 
Matthew and Emma were born September 6th, 2012!
 

 
 
Fast forward 6 months and this is what you get! Two very happy, healthy babies!
 
 
 
I will do a seperate post on their birth and all the awesome details!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment