Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Six Months in the Making

Sitting watching my kids play before their morning nap and it makes me sad how fast time has flown by. You hear it all the time, "they grow up way too fast", and it doesnt ring true until you blink and your child or children are 6 months, 1 year, 10, 20... I cant even imagine what 20 feels like! :) There are so many days that I let laundry, dishes, and dinner, wait until after they go to bed (really, my husband will tell you) becuase I want to spend that time with them, and maybe sneak in a nap while they are napping! But shhhh he doesn't know about that one!

 
 
 
3 weeks old!! Where did the time go?
 
 
But seriously, it baffles me sometimes that they are 6 months old, the summer is nearly here and before I know it, I will be planning their first birthday! Ok, ok, ok, I already stated that too. Can you blame me?

Matthew and Emma have both hit some very exciting milestones in their first six months! They both have one tooth, hold their bottles on their own, sleep in their own cribs all night long (that in itself is a blessing!). They can sit up by themselves and Matthew is on ther verge of crawling. Emma is going to be the dictator and have her brother get her everything, she just likes to sit and watch.........
 

They were Baptized at St. James Cathedral on January 13th! What an exciting day!
 Top: aunt Saira and Uncle Chris: Emma's Godparents;
Bottom: Uncle Dominick and Aunt Melanie: Matthew's Godparents

We started solid food at four months, and I make it all. It is so rewarding to know what is in my childrens food, and not in the hippy way. If it says carrots, I want it to be carrots. Not carrots and 80 other chemicals you have to add to make it have a shelf life of 6 years. I digress! Anyway, it is fun, and time consuming, and annoying at times, but we are saving money and my babies are healthy so I couldn't ask for much more!

This summer is going to be crazy, and that will make it go by even faster. It is going to be so much fun though! May is my birthday, June we are going to Vegas (we meaning Matt and I, the kids are staying home) and in July, four days after returning from Vegas, we are flying up to NY to see my family. This is what I am most excited about. It has been a few years since I was able to go see my family. We really wanted to go last year, but I was too far along in my pregnancy to take any chances, so we had to wait.

So as time flies by, I'm going to enjoy my children! They are my sanity, my crazy, my whole world and although I hate thinking that one day they won't need me, I love watching them learn and grow!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sam, the babies are beautiful! I hear about them everyday, and need to come see them sometime! It has been wonderful to see you grow into such a beautiful, smart women, and now, an amazing Mommy! Matthew and Emma are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete